Accredited by the Open College Network to Level 3 (of 'A' level complexity). It has a credit value of 4, which means there are approximately 40 hours of study involved over three weekends.
As JWAAD is acknowledged as the leading training provider for the study of Belly Dance, we are working with the Open College Network to increase the range of accredited certificates for dancers.
This course is designed by Belly Dancers for Belly Dancers (and anyone interested in music used within Belly Dance).
These courses will be taught by Josephine Wise, Kay Taylor and Raphaelle Masson. Our tabla player, Adam Warne, will join us for part of weekend 2.
• Students who want to increase their knowledge
• Teachers of Belly Dance
• Performers of Belly Dance
• Musicians may also find it useful to enable them to put the music in context and understand it from a dancer's perspective.
What is included?
• Recognising Middle Eastern musical instruments
• Understanding Middle Eastern rhythms
• Recognising Middle Eastern musical styles
• Working with live Tabla
• Playing basic rhythms
• Introduction to sagat
• Dance classes with a focus on musical recognition and interpretation
• Introduction to key singers and composers
• Identifying iconic pieces of music
• Building a portfolio of evidence for the Open College Network
For those who want to work towards either the JWAAD Teaching Diploma or JWAAD Performance Diploma, you need to be of Intermediate level and there are additional classes on each weekend, so the cost reflects this. You might want to contact Kay for further details on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekend 1 - £185/£205* (*For those working towards Diploma)
Weekend 2 -
£210/£235* (with tabla player).
The OCN registration fee will also be payable on weekend 2 (£35)
Weekend 3 -
£97/£125 (1 day only)
London JUM #3:
W1: 14/15 September 2013
W2: 19/20 October 2013
W3: 16 November 2013
Venue: To be confirmed
We anticipate a high demand for these, the first courses of their kind. To reserve your place, please send a non-refundable deposit of £50 (payable to JWAAD Belly Dance Training) to Kay Taylor, Dean Villa, 26 Kayll Road, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR4 7TW.
The balance for weekend 1 will be due 8 weeks before the start date.
Fees for weekend 2 are payable at weekend 1, and for weekend 3 at weekend 2.
Please specify which course you are booking on and include your contact details.
Courses are based on a minimum number of attendees, so cancellations made within 7 days of the start date will not receive a refund.
By enrolling for a course you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions Click Here